Calendar 2021 is here after a forgettable 2020. The year gone by tested everyone’s patience on every front, as we battled the once-in-a-lifetime pandemic. That said, after the initial disruption, the year turned out to be very rewarding for investors.
As we usher in 2021, the market is already at all-time highs, and there is an air of optimism as Covid vaccines hit the market. At the same time, pricey stock valuations call for caution in investor behaviour.
So, shall we see an extension of the market’s winning run well into 2021? Or has the market already discounted all the positives?
We spoke to Shankar Sharma, vice-chairman and joint managing director, First Global, on how he expects the New Year to pan out for investors. LISTEN IN.
Welcome to the show Mr Sharma.
1) After a stellar recovery in 2020 despite Covid-19 pandemic, what lies in store for the markets in 2021?
2) Has your approach to wealth creation changed in the last year? Why or why not?
3) Did the pandemic shift something on that front?
4) Looking back at 2020, what are the key reflections and lessons the year taught you on a professional as well as personal level?
5) As we enter 2021, what do you think the year holds for us?
6) Which sectors/stocks do you think hold the potential to outperform in 2021 and why?
Thank you Mr Sharma, that was indeed an insightful conversation.
That’s it in this week’s edition of the special weekend podcast. Do come back next Saturday for this weekly special. You can check out our regular podcasts on the equity market twice every week day.